Maui is hands down my favorite place on earth but to be totally candid, was not originally envisioned as the most magical place to enjoy our newlywed bliss in. We thought it would be a touristy land with nothing but Hawaiian print shirts and cheesy shows. We could not have been more wrong. Maui is the most beautiful, magical place. If it’s on your list of potential spots for upcoming trips don’t even hesitate BOOK IT!
Once we decided Maui would be perfect I started researching the best hotels and narrowed it down to three options. We landed on the Andaz Maui and y’all, there are no words to describe how incredible every single part of our stay was. Being greeted with lei’s and mai tai’s upon arrival was perfection and when we got to our ocean front room we were surprised with congratulatory champagne and chocolates! Could a welcoming be more perfect? The answer is no.
It would be easy to go on for 10+ pages on all of the wonderful things but I’ve whittled it down to a list of our favorite features of the resort and experiences here:
The Andaz is in Wailea and while all beaches in Hawaii are public, the resort beach was extremely private and secluded. They provided complimentary snorkels (and noodles for those of us who can’t float so well), goggles, boogie boards, and paddle-boards. They also provide chairs and umbrellas for guests. We spent a couple of full days hanging out here boogie boarding and snorkeling – incredibly fun!
The pool(s) were amazing. The main pool has several different levels with the lowest being a tide pool for kiddos (there weren’t too many kids but we steered clear). All levels have unobstructed views of the ocean and neighboring islands – it’s unreal. There is a second pool tucked away in the resort specifically for adults. We didn’t get a chance to experience that one but it’s definitely more secluded and quiet.
Bumbye Beach Bar – Andaz
- What’s not to love about this place?! The bartenders are so fun, poke is top notch, and the drinks are boozy! Great for a poolside refreshment.
Mokapu Market – Andaz
- Perfect for grabbing a coffee and quick bite before heading out for the days adventures. (Or for grabbing a bottle of wine or two to enjoy..) Great selection and have fun little gifts if you need to grab a souvenir.
Lehua Lounge – Andaz
- Great spot at the top pool level with yummy drinks and food. Each evening someone sat out here and played the ukulele (which also was heard from our balcony and was a real treat each day).
- Delicious food, strong drinks, and wonderful service. What more could you ask for? We took the Andaz shuttle to this gem one evening for a delicious local dinner. If you’re staying in or near Wailea you have to get dinner here at least once. You won’t regret it!
Ka’ana Kitchen – Andaz
- Saved the best for last – hands down my favorite meal of the trip was dinner here. Wish I had photos to share of it because wow. You CANNOT go wrong with the Fried Chicken or either of the Waygu dishes.
Free GoPro rental!
- Each morning we went to the concierge area and checked out a waterproof GoPro to document each days adventures on land and under the sea. How cool is that?!
Lounge for guests with late flights
- Since check-out is at 11 or 12 and flights don’t depart for mainland US until at least 8p this was clutch. A little hidden gem of the resort is that they have a lounge where you can securely lock up your luggage and enjoy one last day in paradise. Private showers are provided to get cleaned up before your flight. We put our luggage there on the last day and went snorkeling!
- This was a full 10-12 hour adventure driving half of the island in our Mustang convertible. An experience that will never be forgotten and has me regularly asking my hubs when we can go back. Everything from winding roads through a rain-forest and waterfalls to Mars-like vistas were part of this adventure. Since it was so incredible it gets it’s own blog post – check it out here!
- We took a catamaran out to Molokini for some of the best snorkeling offered near Maui. Another experience that can’t be summed up in only a few sentences so here it gets its’ own post, too! (Coming soon..)
Day trekking around the west side of the island
- We were in Maui for a week and on the second to last day decided to rent the Mustang again and explore what this side had to offer. Check out all of those adventures here! (Coming soon..)
I feel so fortunate that we were able to experience such a once in a lifetime trip. Definitely one we’ll never forget. If you’re trying to figure out what to do for your honeymoon, anniversary, or just a special getaway to paradise, I cannot recommend Maui and the Andaz highly enough. (And if we missed anything on our trip please share so we can see it when we return in a few years!)
*I am not affiliated with the Andaz or any place mentioned. (Though I’d love to be!)
*All photos are my own. Please contact if you’d like to use.